Cottonwood Canyon State Park is a true gem and a wonderful place to go stargazing! There are areas for telescopes and cameras, but camping space is limited, so make sure to reserve your spot early!
- Light Pollution: Black
- Who Uses This Site: Open To The Public
- Gear that one can bring: Anything!
- How far outside of Portland? ~130 miles
- Google Maps Location https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cottonwood+Canyon+State+Parkfirstname.lastname@example.org,-120.4555251,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x54bda1d7e37ee2bb:0xb0c3f100e45ddf66!8m2!3d45.4826717!4d-120.4533311
- # of spots: 30+
- Cost For Parking: $5 Day Day Use Fee–>Camping Costs if Staying the night
- Parking Permit(s) Required: Oregon State Parks Payment for entry
- Where Permit(s) Can Be Obtained: Park Entrance
- Lone Tree Campground info:
- 21 primitive sites for tents and self-contained RVs (max site size is 75 feet). Available first-come, first-served
- 4 rustic cabins (reservable; Bighorn and Rattlesnake cabins pet friendly; see our Pets in Parks FAQ for more info)
- All information comes from Oregon State Parks
- Reservations via Reserve America
Rate Type Cost Extra vehicle $7 Group Tent $71 Hiker-biker per person $7 Pet Friendly Rustic Cabin $58 Primitive site $10 Rustic cabin $48