The Vista House is a great place to go to look at the stars for the evening outside of Portland or during the day when one is passing through the historic Columbia River Gorge, ! This is a common site for those who want to potentially catch a glimpse of the Aurora Borealis as well as view the nights sky! Note, this is located close to Stub Stewart State Park.
- Light Pollution: Yellow Zone
- Who Uses This Site: This site is a general hiking spot. Anyone can use it!
- Gear that one can bring: Anything really! This is a spot right near Sherrard Point and Rooster Rock State Park.
Note: This is an area that is right next to an Oregon State Park. People will come here to look for Northern Lights. It has a great view of the Gorge.
- How far outside of Portland? ~28 miles, 45 minutes
- Google Maps Location https://www.google.com/maps/place/Vista+Houseemail@example.com,-122.2465627,17z/am=t/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x549595d331b13b2d:0x4c72a4fe3cf86bdb!8m2!3d45.5395754!4d-122.2443687
- # of spots: 20-30
- Cost For Parking: 0
- Parking Permit(s) Required: N/A (Oregon State Parks Pass during the day)
- Where Permit(s) Can Be Obtained: REI or other outdoor stores or Forest Service Ranger Districts
There are no Overnight Accommodations