- Light Pollution: Black
- Who Uses This Site: Open To The Public
- Gear that one can bring: Anything!
Great views of the Western sky, this site is a great place to go if one wants to go to the ocean and do some stargazing! As one has to walk down to the platform, it is recommended that one uses a small telescope or a camera.
- How far outside of Portland? 159 miles
- Google Maps Location https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thor’s+Wellemail@example.com,-124.1132691,157m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x54c1936ba0176bff:0xb3e0d8a887f64cfb!8m2!3d44.278415!4d-124.1135252
- # of spots: 30
- Cost For Parking: N/A–> Pull over at the side of the road
- Parking Permit(s) Required: Not Needed
- Where Permit(s) Can Be Obtained: Not needed
8.6 miles from Carl G. Washburne Memorial State Park and reservations can be made through Reserve America.
Approximately 50 full-hookup sites
More than five electrical sites (with water)
Seven walk-in tent sites (closes seasonally October – April)
Two rustic yurts
3.2 miles from the city of Yachats, so one can easily drive there